3 FOR TB: SOCIAL MEDIA CHALLENGE!
Around the world, 3 people lose their lives to TB every minute. But, with timely action, we can put an end to this preventable and curable disease. Join our social media challenge to let our leaders know that #TheClockIsTicking and they must step up to save lives:
- Take a selfie or photograph that shows 3 people, 3 items, or the number 3 - Get creative!
- Use our suggested messages below or create your own.
- Tag 3 people - friends, family, or colleagues - and challenge them to tag 3 more.
- Add the hashtags: #TheClockIsTicking #WorldTBDay
- Post on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram!
EXEMPLE OF IMAGES YOU CAN TAKE
Every minute, 3 people die from TB, a disease we can prevent & cure. But many are fighting for change. On #WorldTBDay we honor the heroes working to #EndTB. Thank you @person1, @person2 & @person3. There's no time to waste when saving lives. #TheClockIsTicking ⏰ RT & tag 3 heroes.
Every 10 seconds, 3 people fall sick with TB, a disease we can prevent & cure. This is unacceptable! On #WorldTBDay I call on @person1, @person2 & @person3 to join the fight to #EndTB. There's no time to waste when saving lives. #TheClockIsTicking ⏰ RT & tag 3 friends.
TWEET YOUR LEADERS
Reach key decision-makers directly with your call to action on TB. In just a few clicks, you can access a pre-programed tweet which tags some of the people in your country with the power to make change. Use the drop-down menu to select your country and tweet your leaders!
Example: On #WorldTBDay, [my government] must step up efforts to fulfil the right to health and meet its @UN targets to #EndTB. #TheClockIsTicking to reach the #TBTargets2022.
Our new Instagram filter will use a carousel post to share key facts about TB. Check out the video below and apply the filter to your Instagram account to get people involved and raise awareness of TB!
- On your phone, click on link to access the filter on Instagram or Facebook
- Tap the screen to start, and watch the filter play.
- Hold the center button to record.
- Share the video, using the hashtag #TheClockIsTicking and tag @STOPTB.
- You can also save the video on your phone and post it on Twitter.
CHANGE YOUR PROFILE PICTURE
Add the World TB Day twibbon to your profile picture on Facebook and/or Twitter using this tool.
CHANGE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA HEADER
Download the header below and upload it to your social media channel!
SHARE AN IMAGE AND/OR VIDEO
Join us in our call to action in four important areas: urgent COVID-19/TB recovery plans, increased funding for TB, new TB vaccines, and an end to TB in children.
- Pair our suggested tweets with the accompanying video or image.
- Post on social media with the campaign hashtags: #WorldTBDay #TheClockIsTicking.
Or, to create an image with your own priority message, use our new DIY campaign tool.
- There's only 1 vaccine for TB, it’s 100 years old, and it doesn’t work in adults. Two years ago, at the @UN, world leaders promised a new TB vaccine ASAP. There’s no time to waste if we want to reach the #TBTargets2022. #TheClockIsTicking #WorldTBDay
- With the right investment, we can save lives and #EndTB. But, of US$15bn promised in annual funding, less than HALF has been delivered. Time is running out to reach the #TBTargets2022. This #WorldTBDay, I’m reminding my government that #TheClockIsTicking.
- To #EndTB we must prevent and treat it in children. Our governments promised to treat 3.5 million children as part of the #TBTargets2022. Just 1 in 3 of those children have been reached. This #WorldTBDay, I’m reminding my government that #TheClockIsTicking.
- #COVID19 was devastating for people fighting to #EndTB, turning back time on our efforts to reach the #TBTargets2022. We need urgent recovery plans to make up for lost time. This #WorldTBDay, I’m reminding my government that #TheClockIsTicking.
USE A CONFERENCE CALL BACKGROUND
SEND A LETTER TO YOUR LEADERS
The Stop TB Partnership is writing to all UN Member States to remind them of the 2022 deadline to fulfil their UN TB commitments. Join us using this template letter.
LIGHT UP YOUR LANDMARK
Every year, the Stop TB Partnership invites cities across the world to #LightupforTB. Use this template letter to urge your local authorities to light up landmark clocks or buildings in RED on 24 March 2021 to show their commitment to ending TB.
We will pin all cities that Light Up for TB on the World TB Day map.